The Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA) is the trade association and advisory body for the lift and escalator industry, formed in 1997 by the merging of two long standing associations with a history dating back to 1932. With a membership covering some 85% of the lift and escalator industry, LEIA represents a single voice for the sector within the UK and a major contributor to the European Lift Association (ELA).
LEIA members supply passenger and goods/service lifts, stairlifts, home lifts, lifting platforms, escalators, passenger conveyors and a range of component parts for such products. LEIA members also undertake the maintenance of over 250,000 products falling within the scope of the Association.
LEIA objectives include:
- Provision of advice on health, safety and standards matters
- Determination of skills requirements and the promotion of education and training
- Co-operation within the sector and between the sector and its customers and suppliers
- Development of the commercial environment
- Maintaining the best standards of quality and workmanship.
For more information, including details on how to join, please visit www.leia.co.uk.