- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means the LEIA entity with which you are interacting. For example, the entity organising the event you are attending, or managing the website you are using. We will make it clear to you which entity this is;
- ‘the site’ means the LEIA or event website you are visiting or engaging with; and
- ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our events or services or visiting our site.
2. HOW TO CONTACT US
Data Protection Officer
Lift and Escalator Industry Association
33/34 Devonshire street
Please include your name, company name, address, and / or e-mail address when you contact us.
3. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you register an account with us, register to attend one of our events or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
- Information we collect about you: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
- We may collect, for the purposes of any events that for which we operate badged access, information about your location in and engagement with the event. For example, for certain events, access will be granted via a badge which holds your registration details including personal information. You will be required to use your badge to gain access to the event. In this situation, we will collect information about when you enter the event, and with which sponsors you have engaged.
- We may collect information about you visiting our website and how you use it. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please refer to paragraph 6 below.
- Information we receive from third parties: We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online event registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such a third party sharing your information with us.
4. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services or information that you have requested from us such as attendance at one of our events.
- To contact you with information about an event that you’re attending.
- To keep in contact with you about other events or services of ours that we believe may interest you.
- To share information with other entities within LEIA or other selected third parties, to enable them to contact you with information about goods or services that may interest you.
- To provide customer service and support, deal with enquiries or notify you of changes in relation to your attendance at one of our events, use of our site or other services.
- To carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our events, sites and services.
5. WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- Other entities in LEIA or selected third parties that we work with, where necessary for the purposes of delivering to you services that you request from us. For example, when you register to attend an event that we host, we may need to share your information with third party sub-contractors or service providers or selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes.
- Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
6. THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
7. HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
8. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
9. YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the right to see the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer (details provided above at Paragraph 2). If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect.
1.1 Lift and Escalator Industry Association (LEIA) (“LEIA”, “us”, “we” or “our” for short) is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. This Cookies Policy (“Policy”) is intended to inform you how our Website uses a technology called “cookies” and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. This Policy is intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using the website, liftex2019.com.com (the “Website”). Please take a minute to read and understand the Policy.
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES
2.1 What are cookies? Cookies are files created by websites you've visited that store browsing information, such as your outfit details or login information. Cookies are not dangerous and are not viruses. They are small pieces of text, not programmes, and do not cause any damage to your computer, tablet or mobile device.
3.1 We use “analytical” cookies which allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our visitors. We do not generally store any personal Information that you provided to us in your cookies.
3.2 We use ‘session’ cookies which enable you to carry information across pages of the Website and avoid having to re-enter information. Session cookies enable us to compile statistics that help us to understand how the Website is being used and to improve its structure.
3.3 By using our Website, you are deemed to consent to our use of the cookies described above.
3.4 You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
3.5 You may also delete cookies at any time by going to the browsing settings on your web browser.
3.6 Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
4. COOKIES WE USE
Here is a list of the cookies we use, their purpose and how long they will remain on your computer (unless you actively delete them earlier):
|Name of cookie||Purpose - why we or third parties set the cookie and what we do with the information collected||How long the cookie(s) are stored on your computers|
|We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website. This is known as 'web analytics'. This information allows us to more accurately understand individual behaviours and needs. This means that we can more easily tailor information which may be of interest to visitors to the site.|| _ga 2 Years|
_gat 1 Minute
_gid 24 Hours
|We use Vimeo to host videos which collects data on the number of times a video has been played.|| player 1 Year|
vuid 2 Years