About the organisers
LEIA is the trade association and advisory body for the lift and escalator industry, formed in 1997 by the merging of two long standing associations with a history dating back to 1932. With a membership covering some 85% of the lift and escalator industry, LEIA represents a single voice for the sector within the UK.
LEIA members supply passenger and goods/service lifts, stairlifts, homelifts, lifting platforms, escalators, passenger conveyors and a range of component parts for such products. LEIA members also undertake the maintenance of over 250,000 products falling within the scope of the Association.
LEIA objectives include:
- Provision of advice on health, safety and standards matters
- Determination of skills requirements and the promotion of education and training
- Co-operation within the sector and between the sector and its customers and suppliers
- Development of the commercial environment
- Maintaining the best standards of quality and workmanship.
For more information, including details on how to join, please visit http://www.leia.co.uk.